Lemon pudding cake is a delicious dessert packed with vitamin C. It takes about an hour and fifteen minutes to prepare, but it’s absolutely worth the time. This cake is rich in taste and is low in calories. This cake can be refrigerated and stored for 2 days.
Here’s what you will need
1. Granulated sugar – 3/4 cup
2. All-purpose flour – 1/3 cup
3. 3 large sized or 4 medium sized eggs, separate the yolks and the albumen
4. Unsalted butter – 2 tablespoons
5. Skimmed milk – 1 cup
6. Freshly squeezed lemon juice – 5 tablespoons or 1/3 cup
7. Finely grated lemon zest (lemon peel) – 1 teaspoon
8. 1/4 teaspoon salt
9. Lemon extract about 1/2 tsp. or 2-3 drops pure lemon oil (optional)
10. Fresh raspberries or blackberries for serving
1. Preheat the microwave at 350Â°.
2. Spray six ounces of vegetable oil in a bouillon bowl or ramekin.
3. Take the granulated sugar and the flour in a bowl and beat.
4. Take a separate bowl, pour the egg yolks with the unsalted butter and whisk the mixture until they’re well blended.
5. Add the lemon juice, the lemon zest and milk into the egg batter. Adding lemon oil or extract will bring added flavor and color.
6. After whisking well, pour the egg and lemon mixture into the sugar mixture and beat until it gets smooth and fluffy.
7. In another bowl, sprinkle some salt on the egg whites and beat until well battered.
8. Mix the battered egg whites with the lemon mixture.
9. Pour the final mixture into the prepared bouillon bowl.
10. Transfer the bouillon bowl to a roasting pan and put it in the microwave. Add hot water, the water level should be around halfway up the sides of the bowl.
11. Bake for 30-40 minutes. The top should turn golden and fluffy.
12. Transfer the bouillon bowl to a rack using tongs and let it cool down. (The cooling will take 15-20 minutes)
13. Run a knife around the edge of the bouillon bowl to separate cake.
14. Put the berries on top of the cake as toppings.
15. Serve at room temperature or after that gets cooled down.
Here’s the nutritional information of lemon pudding cake:
Serving size – 1
Total calories – 170 kcal
Total fat – 6 gm fat (of which 2.9 gram is saturated fat)
Total carbohydrate – 27 gm
Dietary fiber – 200 mg
There are a few more alternate and easier ways to prepare lemon pudding cake. We have two more procedures for you
Ingredients for procedure 1
2 packs of Jell-O Instant lemon pudding
1 large Cool Whip
1 Angel food cake
1. Follow the instructions given on the Jell-O package to prepare the instant pudding.
2. The instructions require you to add 1/2 cup of milk. Instead of milk, use the Cool Whip.
3. Put a small amount of pudding in a rectangular baking tray or pan.
4. Cut the Angel food cake into little pieces and put it in the same pan.
5. Pour the remaining pudding on top of the cake.
6. Top it up with some more Cool Whip. And it’s ready to serve.
Ingredients for Procedure 2
1 Super Moist lemon cake mix
1 box Instant vanilla pudding
3 cups of sugar (powdered)
Orange juice – 3 cups
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1. Prepare the cake as per instruction in the super moist package.
2. Then mix the box of dry vanilla pudding with the egg. Whip the mixture well. This is for the topping.
3. Take a bowl and mix the powdered sugar, orange juice and two tablespoons of the freshly squeezed lemon juice. This is for the filling.
4. Punch holes in cake and add sugar, orange juice and lemon juice mixture in it.
5. Let the cake cool down and then put whipped toppings.
6. Refrigerate for sometime if you prefer or serve at the room temperature..