Goujons are a small strip of fish or chicken, coated in breadcrumbs and deep-fried but one can used potato fingers and made it a perfect evening snack. This almond flavored delicacy is bound to appeal both grownups and kids.
Method of Preparation
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
- 4 big potatoes. Cut into fingers.
- 1/4 cup almonds. Powdered in a mixer.
- 5 slice brown bread. Grinded in a mixer to get bread crumbs.
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp coriander leaves. Finely chopped.
- Salt as per taste.
- Oregano as per taste.
- Chili flacks as per taste.
- Oil for frying.
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 10 tbsp cold milk
- Approximately ¼ tsp salt
1. Mix brown bread crumbs with plain floor.
2. In a large bowl, mix potato fingers with oregano, chilli flacks and salt.
3. Break the brown bread slices into big pieces and grind in the mixer. You will get approximately 2½ cups of bread crumbs.
4. Now add powdered almonds, salt, coriander leaves and bread crumbs to a bowl. Mix well and keep aside.
5. In another bowl, mix all ingredients of batter. Make sure to break all lumps.
6. Dip the potato in a wheat flour batter and immediately roll into the bread crumb mixture to coat it completely. Do the same with remaining potatoes. Once done, chill in a freezer for 15 minutes.
7. Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the Goujons until it turns golden brown and crispy.
8. Drain on paper napkin and serve.
For a healthier version, you can alternatively bake it. For doing that, preheat the oven at 200°C and bake the goujons for 15-20 minutes or till they are done. Make sure to grease the baking tray. Ideally, you should turn it once in between to make sure they are baked properly.