Method of Preparation
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- ¼ cup gram flour
- 2 tbsp chopped green coriander
- 1 green chili – chopped
- 1 tsp chat masala, ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp red chili powder
- Oil for frying
1. Boil 3 cups water. Add corn & remove from fire. Let corn be in hot water for 5 minutes. Strain and keep aside.
2. Keep aside ¼ cup of corn, grind the rest of ¾ cup corn to a rough paste.
3. To the corn paste, add gram flour, coriander and chopped green chillies and whole corn.
4. Add chat masala, salt, red chilli powder and pepper. Mix well and keep aside for 4-5 minutes. Add 2 tbsp water if required to get a soft paste which binds together.
5. Heat oil for frying. Drop 1 tbsp of batter in medium hot oil, with the help of a spoon. Fry 4-5 pieces at a time till golden brown on both sides
6. Drain on a paper napkin. Sprinkle with chat masala. Serve hot on tooth picks with a coriander leaf on top.
7. Drain on paper napkin and serve.