Method of Preparation
Serves – 6
- 225 g/8 oz plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4 eggs, separated
- 6 tbps caster sugar
- 4 tbsp dark rum
- 4 tbsp double cream
- Whipped cream and
- Marbled chocolate shapes, to decorate
- Heat the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water until melted. Leave to cool smoothly.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the caster sugar in a clean bowl until very pale and fluffy.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate into the mixture and fold in together with the rum and double cream.
- Whisk the egg whites in a grease free bowl until soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture in 2 batches. Divide the mixture among 6 serving dishes and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, decorate with a little whipped cream and top with marbled chocolate shapes.