Being a mom, the most difficult thing according to me is to make your baby eat. Especially in case toddlers like my daughter, it is very difficult to persuade them to eat and finish their meals in time. Kids, like elders are extremely selective and have a kind of hatred towards healthy food. But moms will be moms. Here we have brought for you three most exciting and easy to make healthy muffin recipes that your kids will enjoy. Take a look
- The Best Muffin for toddlers:
This is a real good way to introduce veggies in your child’s food.
- Brown Sugar – 1 cup
- Yoghurt – 1/3 cup
- Unsweetened applesauce – 1/3 cup
- Butter – ¼ cup
- Eggs – 3 nos
- Pumpkin Puree – 1 cup
- Shredded carrots – 1 cup
- Oats – 1 cup
- Wholewheat floor – 1 cup
- All purpose floor – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 2 1/2 tsp
- Nutmeg – 1/3 tsp
- Mix sugar, yogurt, applesauce and butter.
- To this, add eggs, pumpkin, carrots and bananas.
- Mix thoroughly and add oats, wheat flour, all purpose flour, soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Combine well and pour the batter into a greased muffin tray.
- Bake the muffins at 375 degrees inside a preheated oven (to 375 degrees) for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove and allow the muffins to cool on a cooling rack.
- Power Packed Fruits and Veggie Muffin:
This recipe contains plenty of healthy ingredients that would relieve your stress about your child’s unhealthy eating habits.
- Mixed fruits and vegetables like steamed broccoli (1/2 cup), zucchini (1 medium), carrots (1 ½), apple (3/4), banana (1 medium) and apple sauce.
- Yogurt – ½ cup
- Sugar –
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Eggs – 2
- Blend all the fruits and vegetables inside a blender.
- Grate the carrots and add them to the puree.
- Mix together sugar, butter and eggs and beat them well.
- Add in yogurt to the sugar and butter mix.
- Add in the vegetable puree to the yogurt and then add all the remaining dry ingredients and mix them well.
- Pour this mixture inside the muffin tins and bake.
- Oatmeal Banana Muffins
These muffins are extremely delicious and super easy to make.
- Oats – 2 ½ cup
- Bananas – 2
- Eggs – 2
- Maple Syrup – 1/3 cup
- Wheat germ – ¼ cup
- Yogurt – ¾ cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Grind the oats till it reaches the consistency of floor.
- Mix in all the remaining ingredients to obtain a smooth consistency.
- Spread the better on the muffin tray and bake in a pre heated oven (upto 400 degrees) for about 8-10 minutes.
Getting kids to eat a healthy vegetable diet is an arduous task. Given their love for eating things like muffins, it would be a great idea to use muffins to introduce vegetables to the diet of children.