Nowadays, homemade soup recipes have become increasingly popular and they are extremely adaptable too. Turkey soup has become popular as a low-fat diets. It is a nutritious winter meal. It contains lots of vegetables which are good sources of vitamins and they also improve the immune system and control blood pressure. Read on to know how to make delicious turkey soup easily at home. It is not hard to make but it takes more time to prepare.
Complexity level: Easy
Time taken: 3 hour 15 minutes
Small cup of butter, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, cut pieces of turkey carcass, chopped onion, bay leaf, chopped carrots, chopped celery with leaves, water,dry thyme, green beans, stewed tomatoes, chopped broccoli, chopped fresh parsley, chopped garlic cloves, springs parsley, cooked turkey cut small size pieces, chopped turnip, salt and pepper, chili powder or green chili.
To make turkey base, follow these steps:
1. Take large deep pot add 4 tablespoon of olive oil and heat in medium flame.
2. Add some chopped onions, carrots, celery and cook 4 minutes, stir it properly and gently.
3. Add chopped turkey carcass and add water on top of the turkey at least of 1 inch and finally raise the heat flame to boil. When the water boils then slow down the heat flame. Add thyme, bay leaf, springs parsley, dried basil, salt and pepper for taste, 2 tablespoon of chili powder or chopped green chili in the soup vessel and cook for 2 hours uncovered so that foam will not come out from the deep pot. Now add cooked turkey in the soup. You can add water to maintain the carcass cover. Bring all the mixture to a boil and keep low flame to bring mixture to a bubble. Put the hot soup into the bowl and then cool it to make hard and thick.
To make turkey soup, follow these steps:
1. Place big soup pot over medium heat and add small cup of butter into it.
2. Add left over chopped onions, celery, mashed garlic, turnips and carrots, green beans, stewed tomatoes, chopped broccoli. Cover the lip and cook for 7 minutes and stir it properly. Add parsley and soup base and bring to the boil. Decrease the flame to low and simmer till the vegetables are cooked, cook up to 1 hour. Stir gently after sometime again and again so that the mixture becomes bit thick and soupy. After 1 hour, remove gently from flame and finally serve your delicious hot spicy turkey soup.
1. You can add lots of vegetable of your choice.
2. You can also add cream to make more creamy turkey soup.
3. Turkey soup is also famous with chicken, you can use chicken piece in the soup.
4. You can serve with rice or noodles and soup bread.
5. If you put ladle spoon in the bowl that avoid flow of froth.