A French press is a device that is used to brew coffee; it consists of a pitcher with a plunger and mesh attached at the bottom. The French press uses coarsely ground coffee beans and boiling water to brew coffee and ensures that the aroma and flavor of the coffee are retained. In places like Australia the French press is called French plunger.
French press coffee is also used to make a delicious coffee flavored ice cream called the French Press coffee ice cream. This coffee ice cream uses coffee brewed in a French press which gives this ice cream a lot of flavor and is very popular in countries like the US.
Complexity level: Easy
Time taken: 30 to 40 minutes
1. 1-1/2 cups of coffee flavored ice-cream
2. 1-1/2 cup of milk
3. 1/4 tsp of salt
4. 4 egg yolks
5. 24 drops of sweetener
6. 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
7. 2 tbsp of coarsely ground coffee
8. 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
9. French press coffee brewer
10. Ice cream maker (churn)
1. Start by taking a sauce pan, add milk, sweetener, 3/4 cup of ice cream and salt and place on a medium flame, stir the mix to ensure it does not stick to the bottom or burn.
2. Take a French press, add coffee and water to prepare the coffee and allow brewing for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Add brewed coffee to the ice cream mix and stir over a medium flame until both have combined well and you have a smooth mix.
4. In a bowl whisk the egg yolk until you have a golden smooth mix.
5. Add the coffee ice cream mix to the whisked egg and mix well.
6. Place the ice cream mix on the flame again and allow to cook for another 5-7 minutes while stirring it well.
7. Once the ice cream mix starts to thicken and sticking to the spoon, remove from the flame.
8. Strain the mix into a bowl and stir for a while
9. Add cocoa powder and vanilla extract and continue stirring.
10. Place the ice cream mix in the refrigerator for 3 hours and allow it to set.
11. Now take an ice cream maker and add the mix to it, follow instruction for the ice cream maker to make the ice cream.
12. Once ice cream is ready, allow to chill in the refrigerator before serving.
When brewing coffee in the French press, coffee trails collect at the bottom of the press forming a coarse sludge that can be irritating, as it feels like sand between your teeth, ensure that you do not pour out the sludge especially when brewing coffee for the ice cream.
The French press ice-cream is the most delicious ice-cream and you must try to make the dish at home. The above mentioned information would definitely help you out in the best possible way to make French press ice-cream. Prepare it and enjoy it with your loved ones.