As you grow older, metabolism becomes weak and you will not be able to digest the same way as you did when you were young. This will be a concern over a period of time since you start depositing fat. The answer is healthy diet. Watch out! What are you eating? One best and easy solution is to include more veggies in your diet plan and reduce the meat intake. Many celebs are able to enhance their smart looks by adapting more veggies in their daily diet. Recently more people are turning vegetarians. Find out the facts and nutrition facts about veggies which you didn’t know to plan your diet:
1. Fruits and vegetables are low in fat and calories.
2. Fruits and vegetables contain good amounts of all essential vitamins and minerals.
3. Adding fruits and vegetables in your serving not adds color, texture and appeal to your plate.
4. Your meal has variety since you have options to choose from various vegetables and fruits.
5. Use portions of veggie as your crunchy snack when you are watching your favorite TV program.
6. Veggies are rich in fiber, so it fills your stomach and reduces the intake of food.
7. Always start your meal with a bowl of salad with fresh fruits and vegetables.
8. Have it whole, or as juice, or carry it in a can. Itâs convenient to carry and have it while you are traveling.
9. Have the luxury to grow it in your backyard. Try it, itâs a wonderful think!
10. Use veggies and avoid messing up while cutting and cleaning before using.
11. Eat it raw or cooked, it tastes great.
12. Green, Yellow, orange colored vegetables are rich sources of minerals and vitamins.
13. Vegetables contain antioxidants. Antioxidants help body protect from stress, diseases and cancers by helping body to gain immunity.
14. Dark colored berries are rich in antioxidants.
15. Fruits and vegetables are rich in dietary fiber.
16. Veggies are rich in water content. It keeps the body cool during summer.
17. Body spends more energy to digest the veggies as compared to others. This is the concept for Negative calorie Diet.
18. Organic farm vegetables and fruits are tastier and have maximum health benefits.
19. Include at least 5-7 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
20. Prefer to use seasonal vegetables and fruits for maximum benefit.
21. Prevent aging by eating more watery fruits.
22. Say no to the expensive beauty products. Try using fresh fruits and vegetables for face pack and nourishing your skin.
23. Dry fruits are rich in vitamins and minerals.
24. Dry fruits are rich source of iron, calcium, selenium, zinc and manganese.
25. Mix couple of them in the cereal breakfast along with seasonal fruit. This will help you get Vitamin C and helps in absorbing iron.
26. Herbs help the body to fight against germs, toxins and boost immunity level. Herbs are, used as medicines without any side effects.
27. Herbs help reduce blood sugar levels.
28. Spices have prevent clogging of platelets in the blood vessels.
29. Spices help in smooth blood flow, thus prevents from stroke and artery diseases.
30. Use Thyme as anti-septic mouth-wash for fresh breath and good oral health
31. Spices essential oils are used extensively in aromatherapy, de-odorants and in the perfume industry
32. Spices are used in all food preparation. It not only add flavor and taste but also help in digestion.
33. Spices are also used along with seasonal herbs to enhance the flavor and taste of vegetable, chicken, fish and meat dishes
34. Fenugreeks help control cholesterol, triglyceride and high glycemic levels in case of diabetes.
35. Add few Fenugreek seeds to the diet of nursing mothers. This increases the synthesis of milk.
36. Fennel seeds gives remedy for indigestion and is used in many traditional medicines.
37. Fennel seed increase breast milk secretion in nursing mothers. Include it as one of the spice in food of nursing mothers.
38. Boiled Fennel seeds in water, given to newborn babies gives relieve to colic pain and help in digestion.
39. Fennel seed oil is considered a good medicine and gives relief if you are suffering from coughs, bronchitis etc.
40. Cure joint pains by using Fennel seed oil for massage.
41. Nuts are rich source of all important omega-3 essential fatty acids.
42. Nuts help to lower “bad cholesterol” and increase “good cholesterol”.
43. Nuts are good source of energy and nutrients.
44. If you have a dry skin, take 2 almonds a day. This will help our skin from dryness.
45. Coconut water is recommended for patients with diarrhea.
46. Always use whole grains which is rich in fiber if you are suffering from constipation.
47. Flaxseed is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Have one spoon of powdered FalxSeed with 2 glasses of water early in the morning.
48. Soya is rich in proteins. This a good alternative for vegetarians to get the required supplement for proteins.
49. Soya bean has to be consumed in the early part of the day so that it gets good amount of time to digest.
50. Kidney bean is also one also rich in proteins.