Avocados are one of the healthiest foods around thanks to the myriad nutrients they hold. However, many are either not fond of them, or do not know how to add them to their recipes. Well, here are some easy and really tasty ways in which you can use avocados in grilled recipes, thus making some delectable grilled snacks everyone is bound to fall in love with.
Grilled Avocado Salad
- Cherry Tomatoes – 1 ½ cups
- Ripe Avocados – 3
- Romaine Lettuce – ½ pound
- Corn (Kernels cut off) – 1 ear
- Shallots – 1/4 cup
- Roasted Pepitas – 1/4 cuo
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the tomatoes in halves; add the olive oil, salt (a pinch) and black pepper. Toss them nicely.
- Soak the shallots in ice water for 5 minutes or so.
- Cut the avocados in halves and brush the insides with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place them on the grill (cut side down). Cook until the avocado softens and grill marks show up. Remove them from the grill.
- Peel the avocados. On a plate, arrange the lettuce, then the grilled avocados. Top with the tomatoes, shallots, pepitas and corn.
Grilled Avocado in Egg
- Ripe Avocados – 2
- Eggs – 4
- Pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chopped Chives – 1 tablespoon
- Preheat the oven to about 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut the avocados in halves and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh (about 2 tablespoons) from the center.
- Place the avocados with cut side up in a baking tray and crack an egg into the center.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until the egg whites set properly.
- Remove and season with chives, pepper and serve.
Grilled Avocado and Cheese Sandwich
- Ripe Avocado – 1
- Cheddar Cheese – 4 slices
- Swiss Baby Cheese – 4 slices
- Sourdough Bread – 4 slices
- Pre-heat a pan at medium heat.
- Spread mayo on the bread slices (the outer side). Place the mayo side down on the pan.
- Slice the cheese; place it on the top side of the bread. Spread mustard on top of the cheese and top it with some more mayo. Flip the sandwiches when they are nicely browned.
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Mash it nicely.
- Remove the sandwiches from the pan. Open each of them and add the mashed avocado. Close the sandwiches; cut them in halves and serve.
- Ripe Avocado – 1
- Cilantro – 1/2 cup
- Cayenne Pepper Sauce – 3 tablespoons
- Lime Peel – 1/2 teaspoon
- Lime Juice – 1 teaspoon
- Peel and chop the avocado. Add the avocado pieces with chopped cilantro, grated lime peel, lemon juice and cayenne pepper sauce in a blender. Blend nicely until an even consistency is reached.
- Transfer the avocado sauce to a bowl and use with grilled sandwiches or burgers.
Avocados can be used in a number of grilled recipes. It can also be used to make sauces that go well with grilled food. These recipes are easy to make and help you add this much needed power ingredient to any grilled food of your choice.