Makhana also known as the lotus seeds is one of the amazing and healthy ingredients. It is widely used in the festive season and especially in fast. It’s a powerhouse of protein, crabs and also a healthy fat. You can eat it and so many ways, as a snack, in the main course, roasted or even raw. This is one of the versatile ingredients. Here are some of the easy, quick and very interesting makhana recipes which you can make in almost no time.
1. Healthy makhana Chaat
When it comes to making a yummy crispy chaat, makhana is the perfect ingredient to try with. Masala Makhana is one recipe which is famous and traditionally known as Indian snacks. So why not create a nice tangy and yummy makhana chaat which is really healthy and ideal for your evening hunger craving. Let’s make it.
- Makhana- 1 cup
- Potatoes- 1
- Quark or yogurt — 1/2 cup
- Pomegranate seeds — 1/2 cup
- Roasted cumin
- Chaat masala
- Black pepper powder — 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Soak makhana in water for half an hour and after squeeze the water and transfer in a mixing bowl
- Add the entire ingredient with spices and salt and mix it well.
- Add raisin and Sprinkle coriander at the top for garnishing and your tangy chaat is ready.
This healthy snack is one of the best snacks options you will have which is made without oil. It is made in just 10 minutes and also you can give it a personalized touch. If you want to make it more healthy and tasty, add chopped cucumber to it. Also, there is an option of adding Sev in place of raisins if you don’t want your recipe to be a little sweet. It is ideal for the children too; you can make it instantly whenever they feel hungry instead of giving them junk a packets food items.
2. Yummy Makhana Tikki
Now this one is really interesting, makhana Nikki is one of the innovative recipes to make with makhana. Yes, lotus seed is one of the innovative ingredients and it is full of surprises which gives you the opportunity to try different recipe and experiment. Let’s quickly find out how you can make it.
- boiled Potatoes- 4
- Makhana- 1 cup
- peanuts- roasted and crushed- 2 tablespoon
- green pepper – 1 chopped
- fennel seeds – 1teaspon
- Garam masala- 1teaspoon
- salt to taste
- ghee- 3 teaspoon
- chopped coriander
- First heat ghee in a pan, when it starts smoking, add the makhana and roast till crisp and brown.
- now put it in a mixer and grind it to get a coarse powder
- Take a mixing bowl and add ground makhana, boiled potatoes and rest of the ingredient. Add salt as per your taste.
- Mix it well and make the dough smooth and now start making small patties. You can give it a shape as you prefer like oval round or square.
- Heat Pan and sauté the patties with a little oil until you get a light golden color on both the sides.
- Take out in a serving plate, garnish with coriander and chat masala and serve with ketchup or green chutney.
A delicious treat to full your yummy tummy. These recipes you can have in snacks, like breakfast and also a healthy lunch box option for your kids too. This patty is cooked in lesser oil and has a nutrient value which is rich in protein and also tastes delicious one. Your kids will love to have this.
3. Caramelized Makhana
Let’s give some sweet treat with this quick and easy makhana recipe. Caramelized makhana is the perfect one to have when you have a sweet tooth. Sweet munchies without putting on calories. It is healthy and you can make it fast in 10 minutes. Let’s try this one.
- Makhana — 2 cups
- Jaggery –
- Ghee or oil
- Roast makhana in ghee or little oil in low heat till it becomes golden brown.
- In another pan, put Jaggery and little water over low heat, stir it until it melts and forms a brown color liquid.
- Now add roasted makhana in the jaggery jelly and mix it well so that it coats well with the makhana.
- In sometime makhana will be covered with jaggery. Allow it to cool and now store it in the airtight container.
These snacks can be eaten at any time of the day. A healthy snack makes with the goodness of natural sweetness of jaggery which makes it even more healthy and nutritious. Perfect snacks to stop your sweet tooth craving.