Did you ever wanted to bake a bread and thought it is hard to do? Itâs not that hard. Dough of flour, water and at times other ingredients are the only items that are required to prepare bread. And you never know when these simple recipes might come in handy. Letâs check out three most simple recipes that you will find easy to bake.
Basic bread recipe
This is the most simple one loaf yeast bread. This recipe creates a soft crust and a moist center. All you require are basic ingredients.
Preparation time: approx. 3 hour
Cooking time: 45 mins
1. Active dry yeast – 1 package
2. Warm water – about 3/4 cup
3. Vegetable shortening – 1 tbsp
4. All-purpose flour – around 3 cups
5. Milk – 1/2 cup
6. Salt – 1 tsp
7. Sugar – 1-1/2 tbsp
1. Take some dry yeast in a large bowl, add warm water to it and slowly stir. Keep stirring until yeast is properly dissolved.
2. Mix the Vegetable shortening, salt, sugar and milk to bowl containing yeast and stir. Add two cups of flour.
3. If required, add more flour. Take one tablespoon at a time, till itâs fairly smooth. Only an approximate amount of flour is mentioned. You may require more or even less than what has been mentioned. This is because consistency of the flour may depend on many things including weather conditions.
4. Transfer the dough on a floured board and start kneading till the dough is soft and non-sticky. Add spoonfuls of flour if needed.
5. The top part needs to be greased so, turn the dough on a buttered bowl. Keep the covered bowl in a warm place for approximately an hour.
6. The risen dough should be taken out on a floured board. Knead the dough
7. The oven has to be preheated at 375 degrees F.
8. Take buttered bread pan and set the formed dough into a loaf. Leave the covered pan for around 30 minutes.
9. Make three cuts across the top of the risen dough and bake for approximately 45 minutes or wait till it turns golden brown.
10. Take a rack or clean dishtowel and turn out the bread on it. Allow it to cool.
Oatmeal bread recipe
This recipe, which is a mixture of oats and whole wheat, makes this bread healthier, delicious and a heavy delight.
Preparation time: 2 hour
Cooking time: 40 mins
1. Vegetable oil – 2 tsp
2. Rolled oats – 1/3 cup
3. Whole wheat flour – almost 1/2 cup
4. Bread flour – approx.1 cup
5. Warm water – 3/4 cup
6. Active dry yeast – 1-1/2 tsp
7. Milk kept in room temperature – 1/4 cup
8. Salt – 1 tablespoon
9. Sugar – 2 tablespoon
1. Take a medium bowl and mix vegetable oil with warm water and milk. Mix salt, dry yeast, and refined sugar. Make a mixture of the whole wheat flour, oats and bread flour. The bread flour should be enough to make the dough thick so that it can be kneaded by hand. Do so for 5 minutes on a floured board.
2. Put dough into medium size greased bowl and turn dough over. Cover the dough with a clean cloth. Keep it in a warm place for approximately 45 minutes. Once the dough rises to twice its previous size, let the dough rinse. Remove the air bubbles by kneading the dough on a board for 3 minutes. Give it a shape of bread loaf.
3. Sprinkle cornmeal on a greased bread pan and place loaf in the pan. Cover the pan for 30 minutes in a warm draft-free place (or till the dough is double in size) and let it rinse. Let the bread bake bread for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
4. Use a rack or clean kitchen towel to turn the bread onto and allow cooling.
Maple and wheat bread recipe
This is a delicious looking whole wheat bread.
Preparation time: 2 hour
Cooking time: 35 mins
1. Warm water – 2/3 cup
2. Maple syrup – 1/3 cup
3. Dry milk – 2 tablespoons
4. Shortening – 1 tablespoon
5. Yeast (active dry yeast) – 1/2 teaspoons
6. Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
7. Bread flour – 3/4 approx.
1. Mix together water, maple syrup, dry milk, vegetable shortening, and 1/2 teaspoon of yeast in a bowl. Add some whole wheat flour and stir it.
2. Add some bread flour in little portions at a time, till the dough leaves the bowl.
3. Mold this dough for about 10 minutes on a floured board. Use additional flour if essential.
4. Put the dough into a greased bowl and turn; the dough will be greased on the top. Cover the bowl. Keep it in a warm place. After about 45 minutes, punch down the risen dough.
5. Knead on a floured board for 5 minutes. Give the dough the shape of a loaf.
6. Put loaf in a greased pan, cover with clean cloth for 30 minutes till it rises.
7. Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees F.