You can have a healthy body only if you incorporate all the essential nutrients into your daily diet. The essential nutrients to be included in your daily diet are vitamins, minerals, proteins and fiber. In this article, we shall discuss the various ways to boost your daily fiber intake. Fibers are insoluble and soluble plant nutrients that are essential for the human body. It cannot be completely utilized as fuel or even completely digested by human body. However, fiber aids in moving food through the digestive tract, in order to maintain a regular bowel movement, thus reducing the chances of constipation.
What are the 10 ways to include fiber in your diet?
Fiber can be imagined as a brush that collects the unhealthy stuffs and toxins and disposes them, as it passes through the human body. Generally, high fiber meals are very much satisfactory. This is because they occupy most of the place in human stomach, thereby, adding bulk, without adding up additional calories. Often, food items, rich in fiber content are loaded with minerals and vitamins. As a result, eating high fiber foods makes the diet highly nutritious.
1. Add fiber in the morning itself: Begin your day with a cup of tasty high-fiber cereal, such as, whole grain raisin bran or frosted shredded wheat. You can add fruits like raisins, berries or bananas to your cereal, in order to boost your fiber intake by about 1 to 2 grams.
2. Try to add salad: An easy way to add fiber to your diet is by adding fresh vegetable salads. As most of the vegetables are very low in calories, salads can be incorporated in your every day meals without adding a huge amount of calories. In order to make a scrumptious, high-fiber salad, you can add vegetables such as, spinach, green onions, peppers, green beans, summer squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, heart of palms and artichokes. Add a low-calorie dressing to these vegetables to make a low-calorie and high-fiber snack. Do not add any of the calorific cheeses that carry fat.
3. Donât peel off the skin: The peels of vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber content. Eat the peels of pears, apples, yams, potatoes, eggplant, summer quashes, and several other fruits and vegetables, in order to, boost up your fiber intake.
4. Consume vegetables in breakfast: Combine a peel-on-fruit and vegetable salad while eating your daily breakfast. Hence, you should add fiber vegetables to your breakfast in spite of having dinner and lunch.
5. Go for whole-grain food items: Incorporate the scrumptious taste of both whole grain and enhanced grain breads into your familyâs daily food. For instance, you can launch a whole grain diet for your family by adding a slice of 100% whole wheat bread and a slice of white bread while preparing sandwiches. The next time you make any type of pasta, instead of using the regular pasta, go for the whole wheat pasta. For those of you who love cheese and macaroni can try the whole wheat macaroni.
6. Consume less rice: Replace about one-third of the all-purpose flour with wheat bran while cooking waffles, pancakes, muffins, or any other flour-based food items. If you want rice, then move toward brown rice. Brown rice offers plenty of dietary fiber, B vitamins and iron. Also, it tastes wonderful.
7. Load up vegetables: Donât confine vegetables as a side dish during dinner time. Prepare dinners in such a way that vegetables play the role of main dish, such as, vegetable curry or eggplant Parmesan.
8. Add fiber rich vegetables: In order to add fiber to some of your familyâs most favorite dishes, just include some fiber-rich vegetables to the recipes that you are already aware of. For instance, crown the burgers with sautÃ©ed onions, mushrooms and pepper. Add a few handfuls of fresh spinach to your spaghetti sauce to enjoy a fiber rich delicious meal.
9. Have a dessert: You can very well have a dessert that can be the best source of fiber as long as they include fruits. You can add fresh berries along with the whipped cream. Spread peanut butter on the celery sticks and add some raisins to make ‘Ants on a Log’. Select an appetizing fruit-based dessert and eat! If you feel the craving to have a snack, go ahead and have a tasty muffin or pretzels. Eat baked pita chips instead of a fattening candy bar.
10. Consume popcorn rather than eating fatty/oily foods: You can have popcorn or baked chips instead of fatty, or oily fried foods. Just be sure to eat plain popcorn without adding any fattening ingredients, such as, butter or sugary sauces. The key is to add fiber to your daily diet in every possible way.