The origin of chicken wings is found in Buffalo, New York. It all got first started with its original version – âBuffalo chicken wings.â As time flew, it got renowned as a super bowl snack. Today almost 95% of restaurants and fast food chains in Buffalo have chicken wings prominently figuring in their menu. There was a debate as to where chicken wings exactly originated. It was unanimously agreed the exact origin of this sizzling appetizer to be at âAnchor Barâ in Buffalo, New York. Today, Anchor Bar is said to sell over seventy thousand pound of wings every month!
Time flew and with time, chicken wings acquired new variants. However, neither single restaurant nor any fast food chain can be solely credited for crafting these variants. It is an accepted version of pure people’s involvement. Today, we have over 50 global variants of chicken wings. One of the tastiest variants among all chicken wings is Ginger garlic chicken wing.
A healthy way to enjoy Ginger garlic chicken wings
This is one of the wing variants that makes chicken juice taste even tastier. It is no rocket science for any foodie, to know the taste behind every well cooked chicken dish. Yeah, the taste lies in the chicken juice. And it is the chemistry in good cooking that brings the juice out of the bird. It is now time to get into the recipe of making âGinger garlic chicken wings. Letâs make it grilled!
Complexity level: Moderate
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Marinating: Overnight (7-8 hours)
1 cup sliced onion
One fourth cup soy sauce
One fourth cup orange juice
2 tbs minced garlic
2 tbs peeled ginger
Chicken wings skinless
Chicken wings have to be marinated with minced garlic, ginger paste and orange juice and kept overnight. This process of marinating is exactly what produces the chemistry between ingredients, while rendering the final dish a real succulent taste. Once the marinating process is completed, itâs time to take a dive into the actual process.
1. Mix the chicken wings, soy sauce, garlic, onion, pepper, ginger, and orange juice in resalable bag, as suggested.
2. Then shake it so as to naturally coat wings with mixture. With natural coating over the chicken placed in the bag, refrigerate it overnight.
3. Next, preheat grill on medium and pour some olive oil on the grill so as to avoid wings from being stuck.
4. Now put skinless wings down on the grill until marks on it, this process could take approx six minutes, after which flip the chicken to the other side following the same process.
5. Remove the wings from the grill and serve after 5-6 minutes.
This is the healthy way to enjoy Ginger garlic chicken wings. A great snack indeed. Just gobble it up any time of the day and you have fed your taste buds one of the worldâs finest food.