You might be loving to make a variety of ice creams for different and special occasions. Once you have made them, it could be boring to serve them in the form of scoop in a cup or in a cone. How about trying the ice cream sandwiches? They are innovative and also helps you to get creative. Your guests will love your dessert. Given below are some tips to make different kinds of ice cream sandwiches.
1. Toasted waffle ice cream sandwich
a. Complexity level: Very easy
b. Time taken: 20 to 30 minutes
Frozen Waffle: 1
Butter: 1/2 table spoon
Softened vanilla ice cream :1 scoop
Maple syrup : 1 table spoon
- Take the frozen waffle and toast it. Immediately after that, spread butter on it and cut it into half.
- Place the ice cream in one of the halves and make sure it is distributed evenly.
- Add a bit of maple syrup on the ice cream.
- Place the other half of the waffle on the ice cream and press gently to seal up the sandwich. Your sandwich is ready to be served!
2. Strawberry ice cream sandwiches
a. Complexity level: Easy
b. Time taken: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Softened strawberry flavored ice cream : 1/3 cup
- Vanilla/chocolate pizzelles or butter/chocolate butter cookies
- Place the strawberry ice cream on vanilla/chocolate pizzelles or butter/chocolate butter cookies.
- Freeze the sandwich for an hour or till the entire ice cream freezes. You sandwich is chilled and ready to be eaten!
3. Mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches
a. Complexity level: Moderately difficult
b. Time taken: 4 to 5 hours
- Unsweetened coca powder : 33 grams
- Boiling water : 1/4 cup
- Sunflower/canola oil at room temperature : 1/4 cup
- Egg white at room temperature : 1
- Separated large eggs : 2
- Vanilla extract : 1/2 table spoon
- All purpose flour : 75 grams
- Powdered sugar : 3/4 cup
- Baking powder : 1 tea spoon
- Baking soda : 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt : 1/8 tea spoon
- Any ice cream : 1 to 1/12 quarts
- Preheat the oven to around 350 degrees F
- Sift the salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour and sugar into a bowl.
- Pour the boiling water into the bowl of cocoa and stir till it dissolves completely and then cool it to room temperature
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl in oil and then add the cocoa liquid in it and stir well.
- Then, add the vanilla extract and beat well, a hand beater is preferable.
- Add half of the flour mixture into it.
- Whisk the egg whites separately till it forms into a foam and then add it into the batter.
- Stir every thing well, till it forms a batter.
- Pour it on a cookie sheet or a cake pan.
- For the sheet, you need to keep it in the oven for 10 minutes and then check it the top looks cooked.
- If you are using a cake pan, wait for 20 minutes till the testing of the cake comes out perfectly.
- Take the help of a cookie cutter to make the desired shapes as soon as the pan is out and you have cooled it for a minute.
- If you are making a cake, un-mould it and let it cool completely.
- Slice the cake into two halves and spread the softened ice cream on top of one half and place the other half on it.
- Cover it with a sprayed plastic which is non sticking and set it in the freezer for few hours.
4. Mexican ice cream sandwich
a. Complexity level: Moderately easy
b. Time taken: 2 to 3 hours
- Flour : 1 1/2 cups
- Salt : 1/4 tea spoon
- Cocoa powder (unsweetened) : 3/4 cup
- Cayenne powder : 1 1/2 tea spoon
- Cinnamon : 1 1/2 tea spoon
- Black pepper : 1/2 tea spoon
- Butter : 1 cup
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Vanilla extracts : 2 tea spoon
- Beaten large egg : 1
- Sift the salt, cayenne, cinnamon, flour and black pepper into a bowl.
- Cream another bowl with butter.
- Add sugar to it and in a medium pace, keep beating it.
- Add the vanilla extracts and mix well.
- Add in the beaten egg and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients till they a mixed well.
- Fold your dough once or twice.
- Split the dough into two and roll them into a cylindrical shape.
- Wrap the cylinders in a wax paper and freeze till they are firm.
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Cut the frozen dough in 1/2 inch thick disc and place on a larger cookie and bake for 5 minutes.
- Take it out, using a pastry spatula flatten them and bake again for 10 minutes.
- Server them while they are still warm with your desired flavor of ice cream.
5. Deluxe chocolate ice cream sandwiches
a. Complexity level: Easy
b. Time taken: 5 minutes
- Chocolate ice cream : 2 scoops
- Chocolate dipped and nougat filled wafers : 2
Place two scoops of chocolate ice cream in between the chocolate dipped and nougat filled wafers. Serve them before the ice cream melts.