Holidays are the time when people get together and have some serious outdoor fun. Most of these outdoor events usually involve a barbeque party where you get to enjoy a whole range of meaty dishes, salads, appetizers and not to forget desserts. Well, now even vegan lovers can have a blast as there are a few vegan recipes for BBQ parties that are tasty and easy to make. In this article, we have compiled a list of 3 desserts and vegan vegetarian recipes for BBQ parties that will leave your guests wanting for more.
3 Super easy and delicious dessert recipes for BBQ parties
A barbeque party will also include plenty of desserts that need to be served at the end of the meal. Instead of buying them from the store, consider making these extra tasty desserts that will make you the cynosure of all eyes at the party.
Buttery Gooey Blueberry Cake
This is a hard to miss dessert recipe that will definitely have your guests asking for more. You can use a packaged yellow cake mix for the same purpose instead of making a cake from scratch.
Spray the insides of a pan with nonstick spray. In a mixing bowl, add 1 package of yellow cake mix, 8 tablespoons of melted butter and an egg. Mix the ingredients nicely and pat it evenly into the pan. In another bowl, beat 8 ounces of cream cheese until it is smooth. Add 2 eggs, 8 tablespoons of melted butter and vanilla essence. Beat the mixture nicely and add powdered sugar in between. Apply this mixture evenly over the cake batter in the pan and sprinkle some blueberries on top of it. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 50 minutes. This will give you a slightly gooey blueberry cake that will taste absolutely delicious.
Zucchini Brownies with Chocolate Frosting
Here is another tasty barbeque dessert that will drive your guests crazy for it. These tender and fudge brownies are very easy to make too.
For the Brownies: Shred 2 cups of zucchini and press it nicely to remove any residual juice. Spray the insides of a pan with nonstick spray. Place a parchment paper inside it and spray the same with cooking spray as well. In a bowl, add ½ cup vegetable oil, 1 cup granulated sugar and ¼ cup brown sugar. Mix thoroughly.
Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and an egg to the mix. Mix the ingredients thoroughly. Add the zucchini to the mix and stir until nicely combined. Sift ½ cup of cocoa powder, ¾ cup of flour and 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder in a separate bowl. Mix these with the wet ingredients and stir nicely. Pour the batter into the pan and bake it in the oven at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes or so. Remove the brownies and allow them to cool.
For the Frosting: In a bowl, add ½ cup cocoa powder, ½ cup butter and 1 teaspoon chocolate extract. Mix the ingredients nicely. Add 2 cups powdered sugar and 2T milk to the mix and stir nicely until it becomes light and fluffy. Spread this frosting evenly on the brownies. Cut the latter into small pieces and serve.
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
If you are pressed for time and don’t fancy baking a dessert, consider opting for this incredibly tasty and easy alternative. Cut of the stem of the strawberry to get a flat end. Cut an X on the tip.
Put some cheese into an icing pipe (the one that you use to decorate cakes with). Slowly press the pipe to push the cheese gently inside the strawberry. When you have enough cheese in there, sprinkle some crushed crackers or blueberries. Serve them fresh.
3 Incredibly tasty vegan vegetarian recipes for BBQ parties
Why consider being a vegetarian boring when there are utterly delectable vegan recipes you can go gaga over? Case in point: these 3 vegetarian barbeque recipes that will be just perfect for your summer parties. Simple and easy to make, these recipes will have your guests begging for more while making you the ultimate vegan BBQ champ in the neighborhood.
Grilled Vegetable Gyros
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Lemon Juice – 2 tablespoons
- Ground Cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Dried Oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic (Minced) – 2 cloves
- Mushrooms (Stemmed and Sliced) – 3
- Red Pepper (Sliced) – 1
- Zucchini (Sliced) – 1
- Red Onion (Sliced) – 1
- Flatbread (Warmed) – 4
- Tomatoes (Chopped) – 2
- Salt – A pinch
- Pepper – A pinch
- Combine olive oil, cumin, lemon, oregano, pepper, garlic and salt in a baking dish. Place the vegetables on this mixture and toss to coat evenly. Keep at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill to sear. Place veggies on the grill and cook for 7 minutes on one side. Flip over and cook for same duration until tender.
- Place the grilled vegetables over the pita bread and top with tomatoes and lettuce. Fold the bread and wrap the bottom with foil tightly. Serve with sauce.
Grilled Portobello Sandwich with Mozzarella and Roasted Red Pepper
- Red Bell Pepper – 1
- Olive Oil – 1/2 cup
- Onion (Sliced) – 4
- Mushrooms (Sliced) – 4
- Mayonnaise – 4 teaspoons
- Garlic (Roasted and Mashed) – 1 teaspoon
- Buffalo Mozzarella (Sliced) 4 ounces
- Tomatoes (Sliced) – 4
- Kaiser Rolls (Split) – 4
- Basil Leaves – A handful
- Salt – A pinch
- Black Pepper – A pinch
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Apply some oil on the grate.
- Place red bell peppers on the grill and cook until skin is charred evenly. Place the grilled pepper inside a paper bag and seal the same to let the pepper cool.
- Remove the charred skin of the pepper and slice it in quarters. Remove seeds. Slice thinly.
- Combine olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Brush the mushrooms with olive oil and place on the grill for about 3 minutes (until the grill marks appear). Apply some more olive oil and flip the mushrooms over. Grill for 3 more minutes until mushrooms become soft. Remove from grill and keep aside.
- Grill the onions until they become browned and soft. Toast the rolls for about a minute on the grill as well.
- Combine the roasted garlic and mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Apply garlic mayonnaise on a roll and arrange mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, basil leaves, grilled onions and roasted red bell pepper slices on the roll. Fold the roll and wrap tightly with a foil.
- Serve with sauce.
Vegan Tacos with Salted Grilled
- Zucchini – 1
- Yellow Squash – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Avocado – 1
- Onion – 1/2
- Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Corn Tortillas – 4
- Salt – A pinch
- Hot Sauce
- Pre heat the grill to medium heat.
- Slice the zucchini, onion, tomato and squash. Toss with salt and olive oil in a bowl.
- Grill the vegetables on both sides until they become soft.
- Toast the tortillas on the grill for 2 minutes.
- Place the veggies on the tortillas and top with avocado and hot sauce.
Barbeque parties are never complete without those lip smacking desserts. There is no need to crib about missing out on those BBQ parties just because you are a vegan. These veggie BBQ recipes and deserts will definitely satisfy your taste buds while ensuring that you get to enjoy your share of fun at a BBQ party. These recipes are easy to make, utterly delicious and will give a reason for guests to flock to your home for every outdoor party you organize.