All love cookies. They are yummy and delightful. If you have kids who are picky eaters you might like to feed them veggies in different interesting ways. The pumpkins cut out cookies are not just tasty but also have good nutritional value for your kids. Making these types of cookies and storing them properly will help you serve your guests something unique each time they visit. The hunger pangs of your young ones will also be quenched.
Even if you are not a very efficient baker you will be able to bake these sumptuous cookies with ease. The traditional sugar cookies get a spicy makeover with this mouth watering recipe. The funny and deceptive fact about these cookies is that they are not made with pumpkin. The pumpkin treats are very tasty and they use a lot of different spices. The same spices are used in these cookies so they are named Pumpkin spice cookies. They are best for winter months when you like to enjoy indoor bliss besides a crackling fire in the evenings. But you must keep these cookies in air tight containers to keep them from losing the crispness.
Things you will need to make Pumpkin Spice out Cookies
- 1 cup full of salt free butter. Make sure that the butter is soft.
- The all purpose flour is the best for this sort of cookies. You will need at least 3 cups of flour depending on how many cookies you would like to bake.
- 1 teaspoon full of cinnamon powder.
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Grate some nutmeg just before making the cookies so the aroma doesn’t get evaporated.
- Allspice is also needed for this recipe.
- 2/3 cup full of granulated white sugar.
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar, either dark or light.
- Good quality vanilla extract 1 teaspoon.
Procedure of preparing Pumpkin spice cookies
Before you start to make the cookies check if you have all the ingredients needed. This will both save time and efforts. Once you have gathered and arranged all the ingredients mix the flour, spices and baking powder together in a large bowl. Whisk these ingredients to mix them properly. Take the help of an electric mixer to soften the butter so it becomes silky. Mix the white and brown sugars with the butter. Add the eggs and vanilla extract in this mix. Mix this with the flour and baking powder. Keep on stirring and mixing till it becomes semi solid and balls up. Put the dough on a clean surface and keep on kneading. Keep it in the fridge for cooling and then cut out in desired shapes and sizes.