Cheese cake is one of the rich desserts which are mostly loved by children. But most of the times you hide your temptation to eat cheese cake due to high calories in it. If you want to add this rich desert in your favorite recipes, donât stop your tongue to taste it. Let us see how you can prepare low fat cheese cake at home.
Generally low fat cheese cake contains low fat cheese while traditional cheese cakes contain cheese with higher content of fat. Lemon zest adds freshness to this summery rich dessert. A traditional cheesecake contains 520 calories and 35-40 g of fat. But a low fat cheese cake contains around 300- 320 calories and 13-18 g of fat which can be considered as very less fat.
Complexity level: Easy
Time taken: Preparation time 30-45 min, cooking time 40-50 min
Fat free Cream cheese- 2 packets (softened)
Sugar 1 Â½ cup
Graham crackers 9-10
Low fat sour cream 1 cup
Egg whites 3
Whole egg 2
Butter 2-3 tablespoon
All purpose flour/ Maida 2 -3 tablespoons
Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
Lemon zest 1 teaspoon
Chocolate (melted) 3-4 tablespoon (optional)
Take graham crackers and crush them in a mixer.
Add 2-3 tablespoon of water, and butter. Blend well till the mixture becomes smooth and fluffy.
Beat the fat free cream cheese and sugar in a mixer until the mixture becomes smooth.
After this add sour cream and blend well.
Then add egg whites, whole eggs vanilla extract, flour, and lemon zest.
Beat the mixture well till it becomes soft, fluffy, and smooth.
Now take a baking pan and place a butter paper at the bottom to prevent the cake bottom from sticking or non stick spray can also be used.
Make a thick layer of graham cracker mixture. Bake this mixture till it becomes brown.
Wait for 10-15 minutes or till it becomes cool.
Now pour the cheese cream mixture over the brown crust.
Keep the baking pan in preheat oven to 350 degree F.
Bake for at least 50-60 min. To add caramel effect over the top of cake, soften the dark chocolate into microwave.
Drop softened chocolate over the top of cream cheese mixture. Take a knife and swirl the chocolate into cream cheese mixture.
1. The center of the cake when slightly jiggled, means the cake is done.
2. Let the cake cool down before serving.
3. Do not over bake the crumbs otherwise they will taste bitter.
4. You can also add milk for better taste.
5. If graham crumbs are not available, you can crush your favorite biscuits and add melted butter in it. Use these crumbs for the base of the cake.
6. To make it more low fat and nutritious, try to use sugar free graham crackers.
7. If you are using biscuits crumbs then do not add sugar in it.
8. If non stick spray or butter paper is not available then take melted butter and apply it on the bottom and side layers of baking pan. Sprinkle some flour on the bottom as well as side walls of pan.