Grilling is one of the most popular methods of cooking. Whether it’s grilled vegetables, grilled fish, grilled chicken recipes, cooking on the barbecue grill is quick and tasty. And what could be better than relishing a platter of grilled hot seafood? Here is a collection of lip smacking grilled seafood recipes.
1. Grilled salmon
Complexity level: Easy
Ingredients: Salmon fillets, lemon pepper, garlic powder, soy sauce, water, vegetable oil and salt to taste
1. Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder and salt.
2. Mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, water and vegetable oil until sugar dissolves. Place fish in a resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal and turn to coat. Cool for at least 2 hours.
3. Heat up grill at medium.
4. Oil grill grate. Place salmon on the grill and discard marinade. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side.
2. Marinated grilled shrimp
Ingredients: Mined garlic cloves, olive oil, tomato sauce, red wine vinegar, chopped fresh basil, salt, cayenne pepper, fresh shrimp, skewers
1. Mix together the garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce and red wine vinegar. Season with basil, salt and cayenne pepper. Add shrimp and stir until evenly coated. Cover and cool for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
2. Heat up grill at medium. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Discard marinade.
3. Oil grill grate. Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
3. Seafood skewers
Ingredients: Olive or vegetable oil, chili sauce, minced garlic cloves, hot pepper sauce, pepper to taste, uncooked large shrimp, sea scallops, hot cooked rice
1. In a resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first five ingredients. Add shrimp and scallops. seal or cover and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
2. Discard marinade. Place shrimp and scallops on flour metal or soaked bamboo skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve over rice.
4. Grilled tropical tuna steaks
Ingredients: Pineapple or other tropical fruit preserves, hoisin sauce, lime juice, chopped fresh cilantro, grated fresh ginger, sesame oil, tuna steaks
1. To prepare marinade, combine preserves, hoisin, lime juice, cilantro, ginger and sesame oil in a bowl. Stir well.
2. Pour into a resealable plastic bag or glass bowl; toss tuna with marinade to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
4. Remove tuna steaks from marinade and discard remaining marinade. Cook on preheated grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
5. Grilled prawns in satay sauce
Ingredients: King prawn, green pepper, canned pineapple, black pepper sauce, satay sauce, rice wine, salt to taste
1. Marinate prawns for 30 minutes.
2. Thread the prawns onto skewers divided by the green pepper and pineapple.
3. Grill or barbecue for 10 minutes.
4. Turn and brush with remaining juice.
5. Grill or barbecue for 5 more minutes or until done.