Those who are vegan and love burgers have a reason to rejoice. Here are some simple and easy to make tofu burger recipes that are both vegan and wheat free. While there are numerous ways to create your own tofu burger at home, we have come up with two recipes that are followed widely in households across the world. So here are these tofu burger recipes that are guaranteed to make your mouth water for sure.
Spices need to be an essential part of our food. Not only do they add to the flavor of the food, but also are good for our health. Penn State University research shows that the diet that contains herbs and spices lessens the problems caused by high fat meals. The study observed two groups, one that had these herbs in their meal and the other, which did not. It was found that the former had 30% less blood fats levels as compared to the latter. The seasonings included the everyday spices like rosemary, thyme, oregano, turmeric, cloves etc. Moreover, the antioxidants in their body were found to be 13% higher than the ones who had food without these seasonings.
Goujons are a small strip of fish or chicken, coated in breadcrumbs and deep-fried but one can used potato fingers and made it a perfect evening snack. This almond flavored delicacy is bound to appeal both grownups and kids.
Method of Preparation
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
- 4 big potatoes. Cut into fingers.
- 1/4 cup almonds. Powdered in a mixer.
- 5 slice brown bread. Grinded in a mixer to get bread crumbs.
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp coriander leaves. Finely chopped.
- Salt as per taste.
- Oregano as per taste.
- Chili flacks as per taste.
- Oil for frying.
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 10 tbsp cold milk
- Approximately ¼ tsp salt
1. Mix brown bread crumbs with plain floor.
2. In a large bowl, mix potato fingers with oregano, chilli flacks and salt.
3. Break the brown bread slices into big pieces and grind in the mixer. You will get approximately 2½ cups of bread crumbs.
4. Now add powdered almonds, salt, coriander leaves and bread crumbs to a bowl. Mix well and keep aside.
5. In another bowl, mix all ingredients of batter. Make sure to break all lumps.
6. Dip the potato in a wheat flour batter and immediately roll into the bread crumb mixture to coat it completely. Do the same with remaining potatoes. Once done, chill in a freezer for 15 minutes.
7. Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the Goujons until it turns golden brown and crispy.
8. Drain on paper napkin and serve.
For a healthier version, you can alternatively bake it. For doing that, preheat the oven at 200°C and bake the goujons for 15-20 minutes or till they are done. Make sure to grease the baking tray. Ideally, you should turn it once in between to make sure they are baked properly.