There are many people who enjoy brunch as the favorite meal of their day. Sometimes, brunch recipes are sweet or they are not very healthy. The main criteria for a perfect brunch recipe is that, it should be easy to make. Brunch is mainly cooked on a Sunday or on a holiday. You definitely do not want to spend the entire day cooking. You also want your brunch to be quiet healthy, not having fried potatoes. This recipe is one of the ideal brunch recipes. The dish is nourishing, delicious and also easy to make. With this recipe, you can serve 8 people. You can also make this completely vegetarian, instead of sausage, you can use soy rizo or any other vegetable sausage.
So we should tell you about the make ahead favorite recipe for a big family brunch: Savory, garlicky sweet potato hash, roasted with sausage and rosemary, and baked the next day with eggs on top. It is a complete brunch heaven!
Although the process takes time, it is fairly easy to make your favorite brunch.
- Onions, 2 large ones
- Unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon
- Table salt
- Italian sausage/chorizo, 1 pound
- Sweet potatoes, 3 large ones
- Large garlic cloves, 6
- Rosemary leaves, 1/4 cup
- Olive oil, 3 tablespoon
- Kosher salt, 1 tablespoon
a. Make the hash:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F.
- Once you have peeled the onions, cut them up into thin half rings
- Fry the onion in butter and sprinkle some salt over it. You have to fry them till they are dark brown. It will take you around 30 minutes over all.
- Place the sausage on another skillet and over a medium heat flame, make sure they are heated till they turn brown.
- Chop it gently into bits using a spatula.
- Cook it till it is crispy or for 15 minutes.
- Drain away the excess fat.
- While the sausages are cooking, keep the sweet potato ready by cutting it into cubes.
- Mince the garlic and the rosemary leaves finely and toss them with the sweet potato in olive oil, black pepper and kosher salt.
- When the onions and the sausages are ready, mix them also with the sweet potato.
- Roast it till the sweet potato is brown.
- Keep the hash refrigerated for around 5 days.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a baking dish, spread a thin layer of the hash.
- Make small wells on this and crack the eggs on it and sprinkle it with pepper and salt.
- Bake it for around 20 minutes, at least till the eggs are baked.
- Serve it immediately with shaved Parmesan cheese to add to the flavor.
- The roasting time for the sweet potatoes, depend on the size and the uniformity of the cut pieces.
- Before serving, you can check if the egg yolk is cooked by prodding it with a fork. Remember cooked eggs are always deceptive, they look less cooked than they are.