Caraway Cabbage with Pasta
Be it slouchy morning or some active evening, gulping down a palette of hot pasta always becomes a light yet appetizing meal. Although there are almost endless ways that could be added to enhance the tang of the cuisine, learning the ropes well about which combination is absolutely right can certainly make your day. But if you ever thought that plunking down some plain-tasting veggies to your favorite pasta dish could ruin the taste, then you better think again. You may not really know but adding cabbages to the feast is something that would definitely not leave anyone feeling regretful. Here, we provide you with step by step instructions on how to prepare something as mundane as cabbage to that delicious looking pasta for a scrumptious meal.
Complexity level: Moderate
Time taken: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Two tablespoons of olive oil (along with 3 to 4 tbsp for drizzling)
One large onion which should be roughly chopped (or 3 medium onions)
About 350 grams of cabbage â roughly chopped again
About 350 grams of Brussels sprouts â trimmed and halved
One cup of dried pasta spirals
One tablespoon of caraway seeds
One cup of vegetable stock/water
One tablespoon of dill seeds
Parsley or fresh dill to garnish
Salt and pepper according to the taste
1. Take a pan and heat the oil. Once simmered, stir fry the chopped onions for about ten minutes â allow it to sautÃ© until soft.
2. Meanwhile, on the other burner, cool pasta following the manufacturerâs instructions. If you like, you can also use fresh pasta.
3. In the interim, the onions should be ready. Add Brussels sprouts and cabbage to the soft onions and allow it to blend well for about two to three minutes.
4. Mix the dill seeds and caraway cabbage. Put salt according to the taste and swirl it well.
5. You can add the stock now. However, one can even use the water.
6. Cover up the saucepan with and let the preparation cook for about 5 to 10 minutes. You can also allow it cook till the sprouts and cabbage turn crisp tender.
7. Coming to the boiled pasta â allow it to be drained completely and then simply add it to the Brussels and sprouts mixture.
8. To provide it with a rich taste, you need to add a pinch of pepper to the whole mixture and toss it gently.
9. Finally, just serve the hot Caraway Cabbage Pasta delicacy with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. For a slightly better tang, you can even add a little bit of melted butter and have it served across along with some hot rolls.
- Although it would be ideal to pour in about six tablespoons of olive oil for cooking, you can still put in about two tablespoons. Sprinkling a little bit of extra virgin olive oil will further enhance your taste.
- You can also use dill seeds if you do not have fresh dill. Dill seeds will add a strong flavor to the whole preparation.