Nutella and sea salt stuffed sugar cookies are an absolute necessity for Christmas and all festive occasions. These sugar cookies stuffed with Nutella and sea salt can be baked in varied shapes from teensy to gigantic. The secret is that these are actually drops of sheer chocolate ecstasy doled out in the shape of cookies. Imagine how delicious a cookie would be if it is stuffed with a dollop of Nutella, nothing but a deadly combination of pure chocolate and hazelnut. Introduced as a consumer product for the first time in 1963, Nutella has now spread its mouth watering taste almost all over the world. There are thousands of recipes which have this spread in it and sea salt stuffed sugar cookies with Nutella are one of the most delicious ones.
Complexity level: Quite easy
Time taken: 1 to 2 hours maximum
- Two and half cups flour
- Half cup Nutella
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- Half teaspoon salt
- One and half cups and another one third cup of sugar granules, divided
- Two large sized eggs
- Two teaspoon vanilla extract
- One tablespoon sea salt
1. Take out Nutella using a 1 teaspoon measure and put it in little mounds on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Line up two big baking sheets with the parchment paper.
2. Put in the deep freezer for fifteen to twenty minutes. Meanwhile put an oven bracket in mid position and let it preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Whip up the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl.
4. Now blend the butter and sugar for five minutes with the help of an electric mixer on average pace till the concoction is smooth and fluffy. Now add in the eggs, one at a time along with the vanilla extract.
5. Slowly whip in the flour mixture at low speed till it has been slightly mixed. Stir it with the help of a rubber spatula for a few times till the entire mixture has been integrated.
6. Put in one third cup of granulated sugar in a little bowl. Utilize around two tablespoons of cookie dough for one cookie each. Divide the dough in two halves and flatten the bottom half to some extent. Dust in five to six grains of sea salt on the dough.
7. With the help of a small spatula made of metal, pick up the Nutella mounds from the baking sheet and place on top of the salt on the bottom half of the dough. Do not let the Nutella become soft. If it does, put it again in the freezer for some time.
8. Cover up the other half of the dough and fasten the ends with your fingers. Turn over the ball in the sugar to spread it all over and put it on the baking sheet. Cook in the oven one sheet at a time, turning it front to back midway through the baking.
9. When the edges are set and start to brown up, the cookies are done. It usually takes around 10 to 15 minutes to do so. Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for ten minutes. Then remove them from the sheets and serve them as your surprise recipe.
While baking these cookies, be reasonably precise about the size as then they can be made as uniformly as possible. Make use of cookie scoops to take out equivalent amounts of batter.