Honey cured salmon with sansho peppercorns, goat cheese, and basil has always been a special dish for most of us. It has a mouth watering smell that does it all. You simply cannot resist getting tempted for it. Its creamy rich stuffing makes it an amazingly delectable dish. It is a good option if unexpected guest arrive at your place. You will surely fetch appreciation from the guests by trying your creativity with this dish.
Here is a truly delicious recipe for making honey cured salmon with sansho peppercorns, goat cheese, and basil:
It takes just a few hours to cook this dish.
It serves approximately six people.
Ingredients that you require for the salmon:
For preparing corn tamales, you will need the following:
1. One lb of salmon filet.
2. One cup honey.
3. About two tablespoons of ground sansho peppercorn.
4. Half cup kosher salt.
Ingredients that you require for the goat cheese and basil puree:
1. Half cup fresh basil
2. Two tablespoons fresh chives.
3. Quarter cup chevre.
4. Three tablespoons heavy cream.
5. Salt and pepper for seasoning
Ingredients for the sweet soy:
1. Quarter cup high quality soy sauce.
2. About two tablespoon mirin.
3. Three tablespoons of sugar.
Method for preparation of salmon:
1. Firstly, you need to combine honey, sansho, spice mix, and kosher salt in a non reactive mixing bowl.
2. Next, you need to spread half of the mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap, and also place it in the side down position. You need to make sure that there are no bones.
3. Now, just pour the remaining cure over the top of filet, and donât forget to make sure that that the entire fish piece is properly covered.
4. Next, wrap the fish in certain layers of the plastic wrap and simply place it in the refrigerator. Kindly, allow the salmon to cure for approximately three days and turn it twice every day.
5. Once the curing is done, you need to remove the plastic wrap and rinse it under cold water.
6. Finally, pat your fish dry with the paper towel. This should preferably be done a few days in advance.
Method for preparation of goat cheese and basil puree:
1. You need to bring a pot of water to boil.
2. Next, submerge the herbs in the boiling water.
3. Make sure that once the herbs turn green, you immediately submerge it in water and let them dry.
4. Finally, combine all four ingredients in a blender until it gets fully smoothened. Just keep it to about 30 seconds. Do the seasoning with salt and pepper.
Method for preparation of the sweet soy:
1. Firstly, you need to combine all of your ingredients in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
2. Next, cook the sauce over low heat until the sugar gets completely dissolved, and the sauce is reduced almost one third.
3. Then, chill the sauce in the refrigerator. This will easily last for up to one month.
A great way to present this dish is by decoratively spooning about one tablespoon of goat cheese sauce onto each plate. Then, cut the salmon into 1/8 inches slices and place three slices on each plate. A great way to add to its flavor is by garnishing it with the sweet soy and sprinkle sansho pepper.