Orange marmalade cream cheese pie is made of mouth watering ingredients such as orange marmalade, sour cream and cream cheese. As it is a low fat dish, it requires no baking. The recipe is very simple and the whole dish will be ready in just 20 minutes, which includes the preparation time and the cooking time.
It is fat free and can be consumed by everyone from children to figure conscious people, who tend to avoid fat. It will satisfy all your sweet tooth and is a short, time saving recipe which also doesn’t require much of expertise.
Complexity level: Easy
Time taken: Around 20 minutes
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons.
- Light cream cheese -8 ounces and 1-1/2 tablespoons.
- Orange marmalade -2/3 rd cup
- Graham cracker squares – 8 (ground)
- Light sour cream- 1/2 cup
- Food processor
- Pie plate
- Non-stick cooking spray
1. Take gelatin and mix it in warm water until it dissolves completely. Then set it aside to cool.
2. Take a food processor and put the graham cracker squares into it along with the given amount of sugar. Then add 1-1/2 light cream cheese and allow it to process. Take a nine-inch pie plate and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Then pour the crust mixture onto the pie plate. After you have transferred the entire contents of the food processor onto the pie plate, press the mixture gently to the bottom and the sides and then allow it to cool. Chill this to form the crust.
3. Once you are done with the crust, start working on the filling of the pie. Take sour cream, sugar, vanilla, milk, cream cheese and salt. Then pour all these ingredients together into the food processor. Mix it until it forms a smooth paste. Once you are done mixing the ingredients, add marmalade and gelatin water to the mixture. Mix the entire thing again. Then take this mixture and pour it into the crust which you have chilled earlier. Then your pie needs to be put into the refrigerator and chilled for 3 to 4 h.
4. Then take it out and serve. It will make a serving for 8 people approximately. You can increase or decrease the ingredient amount according to the number of people you want to serve. The amount of salt and sugar that you will add to the recipe will entirely depend on personal tastes.
Follow the instructions closely and make sure that the sour cream and cream cheese that you will use are fresh.