Those who are vegan and love burgers have a reason to rejoice. Here are some simple and easy to make tofu burger recipes that are both vegan and wheat free. While there are numerous ways to create your own tofu burger at home, we have come up with two recipes that are followed widely in households across the world. So here are these tofu burger recipes that are guaranteed to make your mouth water for sure.
- Onion (Chopped) – 1
- Mushrooms (Chopped) – 200 grams
- Hard Tofu – 350 grams
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Cilantro – 4 tablespoons
- Wholegrain bread crumbs – 2 cups + 1 1/2 cups (for additional use)
- Tomato Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Sun Dried Tomatoes – As per requirement
- Vinegar – 2 tablespoon
- Chilli Garlic Sauce – 2 tablespoon
- Wholegrain Bread Rolls – 6
- Mayo – 1/2 cup
- Spinach Leaves – 60 grams
- Olive Oil – 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Hot Chilli Sauce – As per requirement
- Preheat a pan in medium heat and heat the olive oil. Add the onions and cook until browned. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until the mushrooms become soft.
- Blend a portion of the tofu with the cilantro and garlic nicely. Transfer the mix to a bowl and add the onion-mushroom mixture to it. Add tomato paste, breadcrumbs, hot sauce and vinegar as well.
- Grate the remaining portion of tofu and add to the mixture. Stir well and refrigerate for half an hour or so.
- Divide the mixture into even sized patties and coat them with extra breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry the patties in olive oil for about 5 minutes one both sides. Remove them after they have turned golden brown and drain out the excess oil.
- Toast the bread roll and apply mayo on one side.
- Place the dried tomatoes on the mayo side and layer with the tofu patty. Top it with spinach and chilli sauce. Press the layers nicely with another bread roll. Serve with sauce.
- Firm Tofu – 2 blocks
- Vegetable Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Onions (Diced) – 2 cups
- Dried Oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Carrots (Grated) – 1 cup
- Bell Peppers (Diced) – 1/2 cup
- Walnuts (Roasted and Ground) – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Soy Sauce – 3 tablespoons
- Dijon Mustard – 2 tablespoons
- Dark Sesame Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Tahini – 1/4 cup
- Black Pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- Fresh Basil (Chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Press the tofu nicely for 30 minutes or so.
- Warm oil in a pan and add onions. Add oregano and salt and cook for 7 minutes. Add the peppers and carrots to the mix and cook until tender. Transfer cooked vegetables to a bowl.
- Grate the tofu and add to this mix. Add the walnuts, mustard, soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper, basil and tahini as well. Stir well.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Apply oil to a baking sheet. Roll the vegetable- tofu into patties and place in between buns. Bake for 30 minutes and serve hot with sauce.
Tofu can be used in a number of dishes, including vegan burgers. The gluten free properties of tofu make it a great choice for those who love burgers and don’t want to miss out on them at barbeques and other summer parties.