Name of the dish: Delicious garlic chicken with shrimps
Usually, we associate seafood with the Mediterranean region and you must be thinking the same as shrimps are a valuable ingredient in this case. But you are wrong, it’s a fusion dish that is delicious and the flavors infuse in your mouth to give you a never before taste. Garlic has a strong smell that captivates diners. It is an interesting recipe that can be served along with rice or pasta or noodles. Whichever way you serve it, one thing’s for sure, this dish will take you out of the world. A wholly non-vegetarian recipe, it is a delight for all non-veg lovers. Ready with your spoons, forks?
Complexity Level: Easy
Time taken: 30 minutes
Serving: Serves 4
2 boneless chicken breasts, halved or sized into pieces ( chicken breasts halves are preferred
1 lb large shrimp, peeled, deveined
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup olive oil
4 medium garlic cloves, minced into bits
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon powdered dried basil
1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
salt and black pepper as your taste
1/2 teaspoon optional creole seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon seasoning or table salt
1. Lightly pound chicken with pestle between plastic wrap sheets to an even thickness.
2. Then cut the breasts in strips about 2-inches wide. In case, you have bought readymade strips, then ignore the process.
3. In a large skillet, pour in the melted butter with olive oil.
4. Add finely minced garlic, basil, parsley, salt, pepper and seasoning.
5. Heat over low medium heat and add the chicken and toss it.
6. Add the shrimps and continue to stir well.
7. Cook the shrimp and chicken mixture for about 10 to 15 minutes, until cooked tender.
8. If shrimps are small, cook for a few more minutes after adding the chicken.
9. Serve hot with cooked rice or pasta or noodles as desired.
10. Garnish sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley, if you want.
1. This dish goes well with pasta, preferably fellucino or linguine. In absence of these, spaghetti also makes up.
2. Cooked rice and noodles can also be served.
3. Chicken breasts if not available, then chicken tender portions can also be used, but make sure that they are soft.
4. Don’t overcook shrimps, they become hard.