Chinese recipes and cooking are based on balancing of ingredients, color combination, and taste and textures. Vegetarian Chinese Mock crab claw is dish which you will definitely love. It is seen on menu of many Chinese restaurants. But sometimes your pocket wonât allow eating this tasty recipe. You can easily prepare it at home without much difficulty. Serving this dish at home will surprise your guests and your family members. Letâs see what preparations you have to do for this recipe and how to prepare it.
Complexity level: Moderately Easy
Time required: 25-30 minutes
- Â½ cup of potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 2 1/3 of walnut
- 2 teaspoons of white sesame seeds
- 2 Â½ cup of tang flour (available in Asian markets)
- Â½ cup of carrot
- 1 tablespoon of rice flour
- 5 Â½ tablespoon of flour
- Â¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- Â½ teaspoon of salt or according to taste
- Salt -1/2 teaspoon or according to taste
- Â½ cup of water
- 1 Â½ tablespoon of oil
- Oil for frying
- First take potatoes and boil till they are soft. Mash them after they become cool. Take a pan and add water and salt into it. Put the walnuts in it and boil them for 5 -10 minutes. This is done to remove their bitter taste. Drain them and let them cool. Keep aside.
- Take a deep frying pan and oil in it. Heat the oil for deep frying. When the oil becomes ready, add walnuts in it, and deep fry them. Remove from pan and keep it on tissue to remove excess oil from them. Let them cool.
- Take sesame seeds and roast them. Wash the carrots, peel them, and cut it into thick slices. Take a large mixing bowl and mix rice flour, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix them well. Now mix potatoes, walnuts, white sesame seeds, tang flour, and carrot and mix them till the dough becomes soft.
- Mix salt, water, and oil well. Divide the dough into parts. Take each dough part and give then crab claw shape. Heat some oil in deep fry pan.
- Dip each claw in batter and then deep fry. Fry till golden brown. Remove from pan and keep them on tissue to remove excess oil. Serve hot with seasoned salt, steamed white rice or spicy Sichuan sauce.
- To make a spicy Sichuan sauce mix yellow bean paste, plum paste, hot chilli sauce, and sesame oil.
1.You can half fry these crab claws. When you have to serve them to guest, fry them fully. This will save your time.
2.Donât over fry. Over fried claws taste somewhat bitter.
3.Decorate it with green salad and beer for more impressive lunch/dinner.
4.Do not serve claws with sauce on them. Otherwise they become soft. Serve sauce in other bowl or plate.