Salads are a healthy option for palates and can be indulged in at any time of the day. They are not just good for health, but also stimulate appetite. A salad can be a bonanza of greens and fresh fruits or it can be a source of proteins as chicken or beef portions can be included. Our body gains a lot of essential nutrients from this and without much tug-of-war in the kitchen. A salad can be rustled up in a fizzy. If you are fond of eating fresh, salad is the best food for you. Ready with a salad bowl?
1. 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
2. 2-3 smaller cucumbers, peeled and sliced in circles
3. 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
4. 2-3 red radishes, thinly sliced
5. 1 large ripe tomato, quartered and sliced
6. A bunch of fresh mint leaves
7. Dry oregano to taste
8. Feta cheese – 1/3 pound
9. 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
10. 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
11. 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
12. Salt and fresh ground pepper for seasoning
1. In a large salad bowl, add the two different sliced cucumbers, onions, tomato and radishes.
2. Sprinkle in the seasonings according to your taste.
3. Add a dash of vinegar (both the balsamic and white vinegar), and olive oil.
4. Then sprinkle mint leaves
5. Before serving, add a bit dry oregano to enhance the flavor.
6. Combine the ingredients with a light hand using a wooden spoon so that all the flavors mingle together to provide the perfect taste and health.
Don’t immediately serve the salad. Let it rest for an hour or above, so that the flavors mix well to tinkle your taste bud. Toss in the feta cubes, right before serving and let the magic begin â in your mouth of course!